http://foodanddrink.blog.my Rotating Header Image

How do you keep rice from sticking to the bottom of a rice cooker pot?

7 Comments

1. Moringo Harbinger says:

My Japanese wife says that in her experience, rice sticks to the bottom if you open the lid as soon as the rice is cooked. If you leave the lid on for a while, it keeps more moisture in and tends not to stick. Although this can mean that the rice may need reheating.

This could though depend on different types of rice cookers. And also the amount (if any) of teflon in the cooker pan.

2. Michelle says:

oil doesnt help, you need margarine and salt when the water begins to boil

3. Wai Suet Tang says:

The oil doesn’t work because it mixes with the water as it’s cooking the rice. I don’t know how you can prevent it from sticking to the bottom, but after you finish using it, fill it with water and let is soak up. It makes the stuck rice easier to come off.
    Hope that helped :)

4. sweetroll says:

Add a bit more water. You are right, the oil won’t help much as it will rise to the top of what ever liquid or water you put in it. My rice cooker has a non stick surface.

5. Ms. B says:

Add a little oil instead of just salt; the rice won’t stick either.

6. Fating Goul says:

follow the directions for the cooker or the rice
    google rice recipes

7. Botsy says:

I have never used a rice cooker, but I just bring my water or broth to a boil, add the rice, turn off the heat and stir lightly for a few seconds, and never had rice stick.